The sacrifices I make for my FU20 family! I decided to give up my Friday to do research (aka, go shopping). I gave myself a budget of $100 for this research project. Although I’ve been living this Fashion Under 20 lifestyle for a year now, I have never actually given myself a budget so this was going to be a true experiment for me.
The stores I ventured to were Forever 21, Ross & JC Penny. The haul included 2 miniskirts, 2 dresses, 3 t-shirts, a pair of pants & nail polish. Not bad for less than $100!
- Ross – Black/White Striped Dress with orange belt $14.99
- JC Penny – Allen B Geometric Dress $17 (cheaper in the store than online)
- JC Penny – Bisou Bisou pants $17.99 (although the pants are labeled as beach pants they’ll be worn on land)
- JC Penny – Allen B miniskirt Black/White/Teal/Magenta $9.99 (not able to locate on the website)
- JC Penny – T-shirts $5.99 (each) White, Purple, Blue (I love these t-shirts, they feel awesome on & are so light-weight)
- Forever 21 – Bandage skirt Olive $9.80
- Forever 21 – Nail Polish (Blush Silver) $0.99 (all their nail polishes were $0.99 when I was there)
At the end of the day, I think I did pretty well with my budget experiment. Now it’s your turn! Set a budget for your shopping adventure & see what all you can get for that amount and then share it with the rest of us. Send your pics & I will post it here. You never know, I might be so impressed with your haul that I may just give you a surprise for being so flippin awesome! I’m serious about that!
‘Til next time,