Yes, I really did just post about “A Bright Summer” and now here I am looking like I’m mourning. Well, there is an explanation for today’s look, it’s raining her in Dallas. That’s it, that’s my explanation for the dark colors. However, I’m sure you’ll be bright & cheery when you find out that I paid less than $40 for today’s look.
Yes, my basic black t-shirt + gray jeans + shoes = $34.79! Insert applause now. When you add the cost of my accessories & my lipstick, you’d be happy to know that I spent less than $50 to complete my entire “rainy day look!” Doing my happy rain dance now…WOOHOO!!!
Here is the breakdown:
- T-shirt – $5.99 at JC Penny (Regular price $12, but I bought it during their Memorial Day sale)
- Jeans – $14.80 at Forever 21 (I wear these jeans everywhere with everything. I love the fit & the price is oh so nice)
- Shoes – $14 at Steve Madden (Got these on clearance. Sometimes Steve Madden will place certain styles on clearance when they are down to just a few sizes.)
- Accessories – Necklace (Birthday gift from my friends Chris & Dana), Earrings ($8 Charming Charlie), Bracelets ($6.99 Charming Charlie)
- Lips – NYX Pandora Lipstick ($4.99 Beauty Supply Store; also available at Target)
All was not lost on the color aspect of things because I was able to incorporate NYX’s Pandora lipstick into my makeup for that pop of color every stylist & fashion guru is always talking about. I am currently on a bright color lipstick kick. Every time I am in the local drug store or near a department store makeup counter I am on the hunt for a new color. Glad I found this purple number. Consider it my ode to Prince’s Purple Rain with purple lips. I don’t know, I’m just rambling now.
Anywho, being basic and being fabulous shouldn’t cost you an arm & a leg. You can always jazz up the basic jeans & t-shirt with a pair of fun shoes, jewelry & gorgeous makeup. Give it a try!
‘Til next time,